Ir al contenido principal

Post 8: English Language Challenges

My experience so far learning English has been a tough one because when I was a little girl I never ever was put in an ambient were I could easily have access to a anglosaxon ambient all the movies , series & news channels were all in Spanish , the music was in Spanish so my ear was not used to the language in English ,so that put like a level of difficulty major than my comrades in university that were exposed to this language early in their lives I never had a English class since I started high school nowadays all the kids can watch YouTube in English having a better understanding of this phonetics but now putting all of my effort I’m succeeding  in learning English  ; the blogs have been very helpful for me because they made me think & to rationalize more than in an common test.

The aspects that I would totally try to improve is my pronunciation & spelling because those are the key areas to have a fluid conversation with people & to give my vision to other people while trying to communicate an idea.

Well now I’m using English almost daily because I’m trying to train my hearing in dissection of the words when someone talks so I can have a better pronunciation & understanding of English when someone talks to me so I can reply fast & effectively , so what I’m doing is to watch a lot of English dubbed series in Netflix mainly like dramas & action series like peaky blinders and a lot of podcasts in YouTube to of people talking about the current relevant stuff & some models that do makeup tutorials videos.


Comentarios

  1. A tip to improve pronunciation is to watch series in English and sing songs watching the lyrics, although the most important thing is to choose the right words for a conversation, that´s my opinion.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 5: My future job

 My dreamjob is to be a restorer of heritage buildings, I like a lot ancient buildings and the different architecture that exist around the world, every architectural work tells us an story and I would like to figure them out trough my work, that's why what I imagine is to travel around the world knowing all the beautiful heritage buildings and be able to work with them to make them last over time. I would like to have a salary that is enough to enjoy it doing the things that makes me happy, traveling and making gifts to the people that I want the most. In a future I would like to specializing me in public policy, because currently I'm doing all my elective curses in that area and I think that is so interesting and it will help me in my profesional development. Moreover, the principal skills that I need, I think that are a big love for the architecture history, know a lot of lenguages, have a lot of time, perseverance and dedication. The satisfaction that I would get be...

Post 7: Changes to my Study Programme

Currently I am in the fourth year  of my architecture studies I still have two years left and with the passage of time I have seen how the way of teaching has changed , when the academic load I was too demanding and we could not sleep in many days, there were many people with mental health problems who presented depression, anxiety, sadness and constant stress, in 2019 there was a manifestation that  was backed up by the media  so finally the students were listened by the people in charge of the university so the professor were more helpful towards the students & not so severe when they scoring the work of the peers of architecture , even though the career is very demanding it takes a lot of time & dedication & many hours of hard  work many of my classmates prioritize there mental health & happiness trying to enjoy what we do in the university . When the pandemic hatted everything changed one more time personally I think that the online way of going t...